Job Title: Creative Learning Facilitator
Hours: Minimum 6 hours a week.
Salary: £9.50 per hour.
Essential: Full UK Driving License
Do you want to finish your day knowing you’ve made a genuine difference to someone’s life? Are you passionate about helping others to achieve their goals – not matter how big or small?
Then we have the job for you!
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic facilitator to be integral in delivering a high-quality service, principally providing meaningful day activities with a specific focus on domestic skills, that enable adults with learning disabilities to develop their own unique and individual lifestyle.
As the facilitator you will be integral part in delivering a high-quality service principally providing meaningful day activities that enable adults with learning disabilities to develop their own unique and individual lifestyle.
Walsingham Support are a charity that has been supporting people with learning disabilities, autism, brain injuries and complex needs across England and Wales since 1986. We pride ourselves on putting the individuals we support at the centre of everything that we do. We do this by delivering specifically tailored support for every individual we work with.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Providing high quality, meaningful activities with a specific focus on domestic skills to adults who are supported by Walsingham Support and to others in the community on dates and times agreed with the Creative Learning Manager.
- Consulting with the Creative Learning Manager and Team Leader in order to provide suitable session content and delivery.
- Adhering to Health and safety legislation to maintain the safety of individuals in session activities, ensuring that clients feel safe, secure and empowered.
- Monitor and report on the wellbeing of those using the service.
- Working collaboratively to deliver continuity of service and delivery of sessions.
- Adjusting information for clients so that it suits individual preferences or needs.
- Ensuring all clients have the opportunity to be as fully involved as possible in decision making.
- Being aware of your own professional development and participate in training and relevant potential learning opportunities that enhance your contribution to the service.
- Maintaining all records as required and participate in meetings as requested by the Creative Learning Manager.
- Having a keen interest in cooking and sewing is desirable
Why work with us?
We really care about all of our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
- Favourable working hours, including part-time roles and a minimum guaranteed hours (MGH) scheme for suitable positions
- 28 days’ annual leave, rising to up to 38 days depending on length of service
- Double pay if you work on bank holidays
- Pension scheme contributions
- Life assurance equal to three times your salary
- Bereavement helpline
- Training and continuing professional development opportunities
- Long service awards
- Outstanding work bonus payments
- £250 recommend a friend bonus.
Apply online today, email Walsingham@cohesionrecruitment.com, or call our friendly onboarding team on 0121 716 4000 for more information.