Job Title: Support Worker
Hours: Full and Part Time Opportunities Available!
Salary: £9.50 per hour.
Location: Edlington, Doncaster
Do you want to finish your day knowing you’ve made a genuine difference to someone’s life? Are you passionate about helping others to achieve their goals – not matter how big or small?
Then we have the job for you!
Walsingham Support are a charity that has been supporting people with learning disabilities, autism, brain injuries and complex needs across England and Wales since 1986. We pride ourselves on putting the individuals we support at the centre of everything that we do. We do this by delivering specifically tailored support for every individual we work with.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Encouraging the people we support to reach their full potential.
- Providing high quality person centred care, tailored to the needs of each individual, based on their lifestyle.
- Maintaining an environment that is appropriate to the needs of those we support.
- Supporting individuals with day to day living tasks such as personal care, housekeeping, meal times, social interactions and activities in the community.
Why work with us?
We really care about all of our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
- Favourable working hours, including part-time roles and a minimum guaranteed hours (MGH) scheme for suitable positions
- 28 days’ annual leave, rising to up to 38 days depending on length of service
- Double pay if you work on bank holidays
- Pension scheme contributions
- Life assurance equal to three times your salary
- Bereavement helpline
- Eye care vouchers (dependent on position)
- Training and continuing professional development opportunities
- Long service awards
- Outstanding work bonus payments
- £250 recommend a friend bonus.
In order to be considered for the role, you will need to:
- Be a team player, enthusiastic and show a can do attitude.
- Be able to work flexibly across varying shifts, including weekends.
- Be able to engage, listen and communicate in a variety of ways.
- Be aligned to our values of being Passionate, Supportive, Progressive, Innovative and Genuine.
Apply online today, email Walsingham@cohesionrecruitment.com, or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 716 4000 for more information